Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crafts + Beach


Whoa. It's been a busy few days. Friday I worked my regular gig, then Friday night I was set up at a craft show until 11 o'clock and then had ANOTHER craft show that was an all day deal Saturday and Sunday. 


Crafty goodness

Fortunately, I realized that I would be completely wiped out and planned to take Monday off. It's a good thing, too because I was so exhausted, I slept until 1 o'clock. 3 days in a row of craft show in the extreme heat is exhausting. So what did I do? I went outside to play on the beach, which is also hot. Perhaps, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but look at those skies! I took the kiddo and her bff to a lake about an hour away from our house. It's in a lovely small town that still has a town square and is rarely crowded.

I floated around in the water for a little bit, but I mostly laid around and read my book. It's a good no-brainer of a read, John Grisham's newest tale, The Litigator. Pretty good so far.
Soaking up the rays!
On the diet and exercise front, things have been a bit choppy between being sick and then working like a mad woman. I haven't gone completely insane, but there is definitely room for improvement. I tried very hard to stay on track today, but got briefly sidelined by a box of toffee in the office kitchen. I only had two pieces and the rest of the day every time I didn't grab another I cheered loudly inside my head, VICTORY! People, it's toffee, c'mon, toffee is GOOD. I've also realized that I need to get back on the cheerleading plan. I've been battling a lot of negative chatter over the past couple weeks, partly due to financial stress (is there ever enough money?), mourning my daughter getting ready to go away to college (sniff sniff), and some personal conflicts with a now former friend (boo), and  the new guy...lasted a whole three weeks and fell apart at the seams. I also gave my dog a bath today. He's not speaking to me either. So things have been...a little unruly. All things considered it's not been too terrible on the food and exercise considering, no weight gain, but I definitely want to be more diligent. More cheering loudly in my head. Perhaps I will imagine dancing, cheering Fraggles. Muppets make everything better.


1 comment: