Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bananas, Baby!

There are few things I love more than frozen yogurt. This is a damn close second. "Ice cream" made from bananas? That's just crazy! Crazy good.

Slice bananas. Put bananas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze 2 hours.

Put frozen bananas into the food processor and whirl until everything gets
nice and creamy looking. Now is your chance to add the extras.
I put in a tablespoon of cocoa. No extra sugar required.



The end result. SO FLIPPIN' GOOD.
If I were a patient woman, I would have put this back in the freezer for a bit.
Operative word, if.

Otherwise things are fine. Not great, but fine. I've been losing considerable sleep lately stewing in my own thoughts in the middle of the night. I think I've about worked out the kinks though. I'm the type of girl that literally cannot rest until I have something figured out. This issue falls into the emotional department which probably explains why all I've wanted to do for the last week is eat. In spite of the fact that I've been wanting to comfort myself with food, things have been okay overall food-wise. Not great, but okay. However, this evening was a bit of a bomb. I didn't eat a filling enough dinner and got hit hard with a chocolate craving after dinner. So my delicious and healthy meal  was topped off by the scarfing of two chocolate chip granola bars. Whoops. Compound the emotional stress with PMS and it starts getting ugly. I take the pill that keeps the-evil-one-who-shall-not-be-named at bay for 3 months at a time. I think the punishment for being free of the lady days is killer PMS when it does roll around. Ugh. I mean, if all I eat is chocolate and toffee for the next 2 weeks, that's okay, right? Not so much. Tomorrow I'm going to try harder to keep my shit together and on track. I'm not going to fall into the trap of having one bad meal and saying, "eff it". One bad post-dinner meltdown doesn't negate the work of several months. 

Anyhoo, it's time for me to hit the hay. More effort is being invested in thinking positively and it seems to be helping. *insert dancing Fraggles* 

Nite!

1 comment:

  1. Love me some bananas. Lately I've been freezing a banana overnight and making a smoothie with PB2 & almond chocolate milk. YUM!

    PMS can be so horrible. Wah!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete