Thursday, June 21, 2012

Intervals


I had a rough start to my day today, I woke up with a bit of a headache that just grew over the course of the day and I was feeling stressed too. No big reason, really, just letting my mind wander too far away from center a.k.a. sanity. I always get a little squirrelly when I start dating someone new, even if they are saintly, it just stirs up anxiety. I wish I naturally stayed in the moment instead of running through every "what if" scenario and of course, my charming brain manufactures catastrophe by the boat load. Somebody get me a fainting couch. It never helps when I don't feel well. By mid afternoon my head was pounding and I just needed to take my sorry butt home. So, off I went and I quickly passed out cold and slept for a few hours. When I woke, my head was still hurty, but better. I think my allergies are just really kicking my rear the past few days and whatever is floating around in the air today was the final straw. Anyway, a Zyrtec later and a big nap and I'm feeling much better.

After dinner, I walked to my gym doing more interval training, 60 seconds slow, 30 seconds fast, and did a quick workout on the elliptical and that always makes me feel better.
I heart my gym. Only .9 miles from my house, too!
 I talked to one of the trainers there and he said I could do a mini 3-session package for $99 that would set me in the direction I want to go to prep for the Ultra Hike in October. Did I tell you about that? I go to the information session in a couple weeks, but the bottom line is that it's a fundraiser for children's cancer research and a 30 or 15 mile hike. I might be overly ambitious, but I want to try for 30. Anyway, trainer guy seems to think he can get me in shape in time. I'm terrified and intrigued. I'm going to make an appointment with him in the next couple weeks.

Before I went to the gym, I took some pictures. I don't love them, but I need to document this journey somehow and I'm definitely noticing a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. For instance, the shirt I'm wearing in these pics was too small not long ago. I'm glad to have it back in my workout wear rotation since it's moisture wicking. At Marisol's suggestion, I popped into Old Navy to check out their stuff and did buy a sleeveless workout shirt, but after trying it on again at home, I think it's too snug for me to feel comfortable in public. I can't decide if I'm going to hang on to it for a while or return it.

These crops make me look like I have super short legs, but they are way comfy.
I'm starting to notice a difference in my middle.
Again, not sure theses pants are doing anything for me,
but I feel like I'm looking more proportionate in general. 
You can still set a drink on my "onion" but things are starting to trim down.
 Pay no attention to the unmade bed in the background.
So that's the scoop, peeps. I hope you're having a great week and all is right in your world.


2 comments:

  1. Good job on documenting your journey. It's a great way to see how far you've come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marisol and thanks for the Old Navy, tip too! :)

    ReplyDelete