Thursday, June 14, 2012

Adventures, Berries, Shrinking, and More...


It's been a whirlwind of a few days. On Sunday, me, the bestie, and my favorite travelling companion, little H (A's baby) went on an adventure to Calhoun County in search of fresh berries and peaches. It's a fun ride that involves a ferry and lots of beautiful pasture. It's almost like driving through a painting. 

Little H. Ready for adventure! She has the sweetest rosiest cheeks ever!
We stopped here for snacks and a potty break.
Mmm. Berries! When they were good, they were GOOD. When they weren't, they were TART!
The rest of the week has been a mixture of snuggling my chickens, scratching my various bug bites, work, and bad tv. I'm ashamed to admit, that while I don't watch much tv, when I do, it's often totally mindless crap. I'm too embarrassed to even say what they are, they're that bad.
My girl, Daphne.
Really effective for just a few minutes.
I took a few days off of working out since I did so much last week -- 15 miles of hiking and 6 miles of walking!!! My knees were really bothering me quite a bit and I needed some recovery time. I did do one easy one mile walk on Monday with the dog, but nothing that made me sweat.

I have noticed in the past week or so that I'm really feeling a change in the way my clothes fit. In fact, today, I put on my favorite pair of pants and with a few minutes they were stretched out and sagging to my hips. I remember not long ago when I was busting out of these. I've noticed with a few other things too including underwear. I'm going to have to do some shopping soon! This is a really nice problem to have. 


Today, I decided it was time to get my butt back in gear and get a good sweat going before I forgot what it felt like. After dinner I walked to the gym, which is about a mile from my house, worked out, then walked back. (David, if you're reading this, I tried the stair climber and nearly killed myself. I can't figure out how that sumbitch works! Do I have clown feet? I really felt like my feet were way too big and it was strangely slow. Bravo to you my friend). The walk home is mostly uphill, but I took it slow and enjoyed the breeze. It felt good to sweat! 
This part of the neighborhood actually has good sidewalks, which I REALLY appreciate! 
So that's my week in a nutshell so far. Well...almost. I've also had a couple really great dates this week. I'm not ready to share much of the juicy details just yet, but it's certainly been a bright spot. :) To be continued... 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome NSV! Go get some new underwear. You don't want saggy pants girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah! Saggy pants are no bueno. I'm totally going to get my shop on soon. Fortunately, I had a stash of things that were too tight so it's not an emergency, yet. Although, I look forward to the day when nothing fits. :)

    ReplyDelete